January is the Superbowl of fitness – we get it. We know that you’ll see messages of “new year, new you,” but we think the New Year is a time to celebrate you as you are right now and find ways to move that bring you joy. That’s why it’s the perfect time for us to partner with Garmin for a week of movement in Chicago.
And since converting to a Garmin Venu2, I’ve been tracking my recovery and my sleep, but the beauty of Garmin devices is that you can track whatever you want. Women’s health? They’ve got it. GPS for your runs? Yup. Sets and reps in your strength workout? Of course.
That’s why you’ll definitely want to meet us for workouts in Chicago’s West Loop From Jan. 4 through Jan 7. Not only will we do an assortment of activities that your Garmin can track, we’ll also give you a chance to win a Garmin Venu2 at every single workout!
Here’s where you can work out with us all week! All events are $5 except for the Sweat Leaders Event for Fitness professionals and trainers Jan. 6 at – Studio Three. That event is complimentary thanks to Garmin!
Wednesday January 4:
- 5:15 pm Basecamp West Loop: One minute intervals sound short, until you’re in them and you’re pushing yourself ’til you feel the burn. And just when you’re ready to cry Uncle, we switch to strength training. Then cardio/strength/cardio again. You get the idea.
Thursday January 5:
- 7:30 am barre3: barre3 is a full-body balanced workout combining strength conditioning, cardio, and mindfulness. Our mission—and the driving factor behind every move we do in class—is to teach people to be balanced in body and empowered from within. Our classes focus on body positivity and inclusivity for all.
- 7:30 pm at Bare Feet Power Yoga: Join us for Yoga for better sleep with Bare Feet Power Yoga owner, Robin Samples. She’ll take us on a shamanic journey with an extended savasana and some breathwork aimed at your night of zzzzzs.
Friday January 6:
- 1:30-3:30 pm – Sweat Leaders at Studio Three (free for fitness professionals): Calling all fitness trainers, studio leaders, wellness instructors, and gym owners and managers in the Chicago area! Garmin is kicking off an ambassador program specifically for leaders in the fitness industry with aSweatLife. Join us for a workout where they’ll unveil the League of Garmin Sweat Leaders program.
- 5:30-7 pm: Takeover FFC Union Station for Pickleball and Strength. You’ll get a mix of pickleball and strength training on FFC’s signature turf where you’ll find sleds to push, dumbbells to lift, and everything else that makes you feel like texting a flexing emoji. This will be the ultimate evening of fitness fun.
Saturday January 7:
- 11 am: Total body at Crosstown Fitness: Total body classes are a 50-minute workout incorporating strength and endurance exercises to challenge you differently every day! No class is ever the same. Their trainers design each class to include interval cardiovascular routines, mobility and strength training. Open to all fitness levels, this class puts first-timers and fitness diehards side by side to make progress at their own level, together in one community.